Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Process Continues…


Today we met with the movers for the first time. A very nice lady came to visit us from the Mayflower Moving Company, which is located in Madison, Indiana. It was interesting to watch as she walked through the house taking inventory of the furniture and boxes that have already started to find their way into stacks. In reality, the moving process in the United Methodist Church is rather fascinating. We are responsible to get two estimates, but then we aren’t obligated to go with the lowest one. So the Mayflower Co was here yesterday and tomorrow a company from down around Vincennes will be here. This was the company that moved Ron and Nancy last time.

So, amid all of the thoughts and planning for our upcoming move, the duties of ministry seems to continue to keep me busy as well. I spent a great deal of time yesterday morning on the phone planning for Annual Conference and working on church related issues and then yesterday afternoon, I made a trip to Columbus, IN to visit someone in the hospital. Life just seems to keep moving on, no mater how turbulent things seem to get.

I am still hoping for an opportunity to get my kayak out this year. It's funny that when things get stressful for me, my mind automaticly goes to wanting to spend time on the water. I have planned to do it, talked about it, and pondered it, but so far, this year, it hasn’t happened. I also owe my favorite Granddaughter her first fishing trip, so I need to (want to) do that very soon. We got her a Princess fishing pole for her birthday, and then over the weekend we saw a Spiderman fishing pole for Andrew. I bet that Spiderman fishing pole will find it's way into our shopping cart on our next trip to the Bass Pro Shop.

There is no doubt that this process of life just keeps going and going. It’s up to us to take the time along the way to thank God for the blessings given to us and to truly enjoy the journey! It is too priceless to simply let pass by.

Blessings

No comments: