Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Day to Remember...

Today was a wonderful, memorable, affirming day. I knew that it was going to be difficult, but one of my pastor friends told me that I should look at today as a celebration, and it was with that attitude that I decided to approach my last Sunday.

I thought that it was a bit unusual when one of the community pastors showed up prior to our worship service, but I figured that he wanted to share with the congregation about our Community VBS starting tomorrow. But, when another pastor and then another came in, I knew that this was something special indeed. They had some very kind things to say about my ministry and then they presented me with a beautiful leather bound Bible which left me speechless.

The worship services went very well as we celebrated Fathers Day together. My final sermon was a combination of reflecting on our past ministry together and a charge to the congregation to be strong and have faith, challenging them to remember that God will never leave or forsake them.

The day only got better when Ben and Crystal and the Grandkids came back to the house to grill out steaks for Fathers Day, Thank-you Cana:)

One other surprise was left for me when I checked Ben’s Blog and read his thoughts about today. This has been a truly great day and I am feeling very blessed right now!

Oh, by the way, be sure to check out Ben’s Blog:)

http://bjhigdon.wordpress.com/

Blessings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saying goodbye is always hard, but it sounds like a good day. Blessings to you in your move. Looking forward to seeing you in a few days at Annual Conference. We're ushering together on Friday morning. :-)

judyschoon said...

So glad you had an uplifting day. Memories to savor and carry with you. Enjoy the journey :)

judyschoon said...

I was just reading your son's blog on Fathers. Nice tribute. I noticed that he is an online game player. My oldest daughter Suzie started out working for Sony, that is what took her to CA. She worked on Everquest and others. Then she went to Siegel until they fired their whole staff...that is a story in itself. She now lives near Boston and works for Turbine which produces Lord of the Rings online among others. It is a rough cut throad business but she seems to like it....

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic day! Blessings on your new appointment.