Monday, June 8, 2009

Highs and Lows...

These past few days have been filled with such great highs and lows. Our trip to the lake on Saturday was just wonderful. We had such a good time, and Ben and Crystal joined us with the kids and that made the day even more special. I kept my promise and took Mary fishing for the first time and she caught her first fish. I’m not totally sure, but I am afraid that it might have also been her last fish. She was pretty traumatized by the experience. I don’t think that she understood what a fish was, and then when this slimy creature came up out of the water, I think that she decided that this was no fun at all. Andrew, on the other hand, was incredibly intrigued by the whole situation. Perhaps I have found my fishing buddy!

For the whole story and a picture: http://bjhigdon.wordpress.com/

I also received word that one of the people that I spent time with at my Residency in Ministry retreat suffered a massive stroke and is fighting for her life. Her name is Michaelene Haysler and she serves a church very near to me. Please lift her, her husband George, her family and her congregation up in your prayers. The prognosis is not good.

Today we were also able to finalize some of the plans for our impending move. We have decided upon a moving company, and we now know that we will be moving from here on July 1st and moving into our new parsonage in Corydon on the 2nd of July. I have had some wonderful phone conversations with several members of Oak Grove and Fountain churches and I feel very blessed that we have been appointed to serve them.

But, with that being said, we realized today that we are leaving for Annual Conference in 16 days and we will really need to be ready to move before we leave. Today we spent most of the day in the garage, but now it is pretty much ready to go. Tomorrow will be spent in the shed, and then Wednesday we start on the house. I have to tell you that when it comes to moving, I have a secret weapon. Karen is an expert when it comes to packing up a house and even though we only have 16 days before Annual Conference, my guess is that Karen will only need about 10 of those days (or maybe less).

Keep us in your prayers as we prepare for this major transition. We can sure use them right now:)

Blessings:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are exciting (and a bit scary) times for you, Jim. Packing is not much fun, but I know you have many great things ahead of you as you move to Corydon. Blessings to you in your new ministry, and may you find some peace over the next 16 chaotic days.