Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm Really Going To Do It... Seriously!

I am finally going to do something today that I have been threatening for a long time. Today I am actually going to load up my kayak and head to the lake. I even went so far as to get my fishing license online last night. After I finished my sermon and the bulletins for Sunday, I went to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, filled out their little form, paid the $17.00 (money well spent) and printed off my 2009 fishing license.

I remember when this process involved going to Walmart and standing there while some skinny cashier asked all of those critical questions such as, “How much do you weigh?” I really can’t imagine that a fish would care all that much, but for some reason it seems to be important. And speaking of useless information, I am really finding it hard to know what to answer when it asks for hair color. Speaking of embarrassing questions, I mean, when you don’t have much hair to begin with and what is there is a mixture between grey and some other color of graying, it is a little tough to answer accurately, and once again, do you really think that the fish care what color your hair is, I mean seriously?

Oh well, I think that these will be good questions for me to ponder today as I paddle around Hardy Lake trying to avoid the motor boats. Or, if I do happen to catch any fish, I will be sure to take notice if they seem to be preoccupied by how I look. You don’t suppose they will laugh at my hat do you?

Blessings
Blank

No comments: