Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reality Is Beginning To Set In...

Well, reality is starting to set in. I think that I am truly beginning to wrap my mind around the idea that we will be moving, and for the first time, I am starting to understand how hard this is going to be. Today after church we had a graduation/going away dinner for Karen and I. It was such a wonderful heartwarming experience, but it was also much harder than I thought it would be to begin the process of saying goodbye to everyone.

Karen and I were talking this afternoon that we have lived in this general area since 1988. Our kids have grown up here, and although we relocated a few miles away when I entered ministry, in reality, we were still very close to the place we started. This afternoon we traveled down to Corydon IN (where we are moving to) and drove around and spent a little time getting familiar with the area. Even though we are excited about the possibilities and are looking forward to our new ministry, for the first time, I understand how difficult it will be to leave the old ministry.

I guess that the reality is that we have grown to love these people and they have grown to love us, and even though we all knew that this day would come, it seems to have hit everyone rather hard and perhaps a little unexpectedly, if that makes sense at all.

As we begin the preparations to move, I know that I am going to be asking God for a little extra help and assurance for both Karen and I, as well as for our congregations. The next 30 days will be difficult.

Blessings:)

No comments: