Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh, By The Way...

Oh, did I mention that I am going to be Commissioned as a Provisional Member of Annual Conference on Sunday morning? With all of the excitement of graduation, meeting my new congregation, saying goodbye to my old congregations, moving, and starting the Residency in Ministry program, I almost forgot to mention that this Sunday is going to be one of the most important days of my life. I will process into the auditorium at Ball State University with the Bishop and all of those who are about to be Ordained and Commissioned and in front of what I expect to be a very large group of people. Maybe around 1000 or possibly more, the Bishop will commission me and consecrate the call that God has placed on my life.

This is a really big thing. Certainly not the final step, but I must admit that four years ago, I would have said that this moment was only a pipe dream, something that I couldn’t really have imagined happening. If you remember, I started this blog last year in August as a way to share with you what I was going through in this process of becoming an Elder in the United Methodist Church, and here I am, preparing for a step that down inside I wasn’t at all sure would ever happen.

The only thing I can tell you at this point is that I didn’t do it alone. God was with me every moment through this process and I know that God will continue to be with me.

We leave for Annual Conference on Wednesday at 1:00 PM so I am not sure that I will have many more opportunities to write until next Sunday when I return from Annual Conference. Then again, this is a college campus for heavens sake; wouldn’t you assume that they have internet access there? I sure hope so.

Keep me in your prayers on Sunday; it will be one of the most important days of my life!

Blessings

1 comment:

judyschoon said...

Will be thinking of you. I have attended several of thses services, very moving. As I said before...enjoy the journey :)