Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gird Up Your Loins Man... (I love that line:)

I just returned from our Pre-Conference Briefing with the Bishop. I must admit that I really wasn’t looking forward to going. It required a trip up to Columbus, IN and it also took time away from packing the house up, which is, of course, an important priority right now. But I must admit that now that I have returned home, I am very happy that I attended. First of all it was good to see some dear friends like Colin that I don’t get to see very often, but, there was something else about tonight that I found very rewarding.

It wasn’t what was said, exactly, or even how it was said, but for some reason, I could feel a distinct sense of excitement about our upcoming Annual Conference and the work that awaits me in my new appointment. Now, this is not a normal sense for me, in fact usually I dread Annual Conference.

Am I for the first time beginning to get excited about the challenges that lie ahead for me? Am I beginning to move forward and starting to shift my focus to the new ministry at Corydon? I’m not sure what the answer is, but I will say that tonight I am beginning to feel a sense of excitement, where before I have felt sadness about leaving and slight anxiety about the work that lies ahead. I think tonight the Holy Spirit has begun to tell me to "gird up my loins," get ready to go, and get to work on the task that God has put before me!

Let me leave you with a scripture that has been on my mind tonight:

But you, gird up your loins; stand up and tell them everything that I command you. Do not break down before them, or I will break you before them. And I for my part have made you today a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall, against the whole land -- against the kings of Judah, its princes, its priests, and the people of the land. They will fight against you; but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, says the LORD, to deliver you. (Jeremiah 1:17-19)

Sounds like a call to action!

Blessings

No comments: