Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Count Down to Annual Conference!

We are really getting close to being finished packing. There is only one room left that isn’t all done and I bet that you can guess which room that is… Yes you guessed it, My office! It’s not that there is a lot left to do, but some of these things I am going to need up to the very last minute, well at least that’s what I keep telling myself:)

Tomorrow we have to deliver Odie up to Ben’s house by 8:30 AM and then I think that we will force ourselves to stop by Cracker Barrel on the way back home. (We think that it is important that we continue to help stimulate the local economy) And then it is back home to make the final preparations for Annual Conference. I am actually a little nervous about Conference this year. Prior to this year, I have never had any responsibilities at Annual Conference before. In the past, I showed up, and well, uhhh that was about it. This time I have to be voted on at the Clergy session, serve as an Usher at a couple of different sessions, show up at a training session and a rehearsal, get my picture taken, help serve Communion, and get a blood test. (An insurance thing) So I am going to be one busy guy it appears.

Karen is already making her preparations by making sure that the batteries are good in her MP3 player, checking to be sure that there are plenty of puzzles in her Word Search and looking forward to buying a new book at the Cokesbury Book Store. It sounds like she has a little different agenda than I do as I ponder all of those Constitutional Amendments that we will be voting on.

This time tomorrow night we will be safely tucked into our room up at Ball State University. I am looking forward to it:)

Blessings

1 comment:

judyschoon said...

I guess this is your first step in your new role as clergy. I pray that it is a positive one. Will be thinking about you on Sun. Is that service in the afternoon or evening? All those trips to MTSO over making room for the next step. Blessings :)