Monday, July 6, 2009

Returning to a "New" Normal...

The word blessed just doesn’t seem to do justice for the way that I am feeling this morning. First of all, let me say that the first Sunday in my new churches went wonderfully. The people were so kind and welcoming, even when I didn’t do things quite the way that they have always been done. (or even as I had planned them) They didn’t even point out the obvious mistake when I missed the “greeting one another” part in the service (Karen let me know after the service). We always did the greeting at Crothersville at the beginning of the worship service and I skiped right past it in the service at Oak Grove, but I remembered at Fountain. I will try to do better next week:)

After the second service we went to a pitch-in dinner at a large beautiful cabin along the Blue River with the Fountain church. Karen said that she thought that there might have been more people at the dinner than there were in church and there was an excellent crowd at church.

Then, we came back to the house and talked with Ben and Crystal a little more before they headed for home. It was so nice to have them come down and spend the night Saturday night and go with us to church on Sunday. For dinner Saturday night we fixed a prime rib that my sister sent to us from the Kansas Steak Co. Oh my, that was about the best piece of meat that I have ever had in my life, and the best news is that we have one more just like it out in the freezer:) Life is good!

This morning I was up at 5:00AM to drive into Jeffersonville to be with a parishioner who was having surgery. As I was heading west on I-64, I got to see an awesome sunrise through the fog, it was really quite beautiful. I also learned that the shortest way to Terri’s house is to go on I-64 through Louisville, go figure!

This has been a wonderful couple of days and I am looking forward to getting life back to normal and seeing what God has in store for me the rest of the week!
Blessings

2 comments:

judyschoon said...

and come fall...think about all those extra hours you will have in your week that you use to spend driving to and from Ohio...do you think you will be able to fill them with something ? :) :) :)
Happy for you that yesterday was such a blessing for you and your family. Sure you will have many more

Pastor Jim said...

If I would have had to make too many more trips to Ohio, I am not sure which one would have broken down first, me or the car. I think we were both on our last legs:)

As for filling the time? You are so funny:) How did I ever have time for school? I have so many things on my to do list now that I am booked through October 15th LOL