Saturday, July 11, 2009

Catching My Breath...

This evening feels like a good time to relax a little bit and catch my breath. It seems like we have been going almost nonstop for about as long as I can remember. I had thought that most of today would be a restful day, but it really hasn’t worked out that way. We began the day with a trip into Louisville to visit a parishioner at Jewish Hospital. I have actually been to four hospitals that I had never been in before just in this last week alone. They were all extremely user friendly places with the exception of Jewish Hospital in Louisville. Jewish Hospital seems to make no effort to help people figure out where they are going. I parked in the parking garage, went down the elevator and arrived at a long corridor into a lobby, after a few minutes of looking I discovered that this wasn’t even the Hospital building. We had to leave that building, go across a courtyard and then into the actual hospital. I stopped by the front desk to inquire what room my parishioner was in and the lady checked a sheet of paper and said “Your boy is in room…” I smiled to myself and headed up to the room for a very nice visit.

This afternoon we went to Abby and Jacobs wedding. Terri was the Matron of Honor and the entire wedding was just beautiful.

My sermon is finished for tomorrow, everything seems to be ready and now I think that we will order a pizza and watch a movie. This will be a new experience for us. It has been almost 5 years since we have been able to pick up the phone, call Papa Johns Pizza and have them deliver it. That should make for a nice relaxing evening.

Oh, and did I mention that tomorrow is our 29th wedding anniversary? That should make for a very good day:)

Blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is way cool that you can call Papa John's and they will deliver. Awesome! Happy Anniversary, Jim. Enjoy!