Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Think I will Tour the Alps Tomorrow...

I feel a little bit like we have jumped into the water with both feet. Last night we went with a couple of our parishioners to a hymn sing that the Oak Grove church is a part of. To be honest I have no idea how we got there, but we went a long way down one road, turned onto another road, drove to a small country church out in the middle of nowhere, and lo and behold there were dozens of cars already there. How do people find these places? LOL It was such a great experience and one of my Oak Grove members played his guitar and sang a song, which was really quite excellent. I talked to him right away about doing special music one Sunday real soon.

Tonight we went to a meatloaf dinner at Heidelberg UMC, which is a church nearby and also a part of our cluster of churches. We had a great time, once again seeing some folks that we had already met and adding a new group of people to my long list of names to work on. I am amazed at the connections and relationships between the multitudes of churches in this area. I am afraid that it is going to take me a long time to begin to put together all of the relationships between the people.

Today was also Day 2 of our visits to the YMCA. I was able to see an immediate improvement. Instead of about dying after 1 lap in the pool, I about died after 2 laps. So far, so good. There was also this very cool bike that was connected to a video screen and I rode the bike on a trail through the Redwood forest. Maybe tomorrow I will take a tour of the Alps??? Naaaaaaaa that might have to wait until Friday:)

No comments: