Saturday, July 18, 2009

Always Something To Do...

Saturdays are always busy days in the life of a pastor. I have been up since 6:30, went to breakfast with a parishioner, came home and caught up on emails, and now I am getting ready to head out for a visitation. (and it’s only about 9:00AM)

Last night we went downtown to the band concert on the square where Fountain Church was serving the refreshments. I have been to these kinds of activities before and too be honest, I thought that the amount of food and the preparations that were made were pretty optimistic. Wow was I ever wrong. We had a line almost for the entire evening. We sold out of all the pies, we ran out of hot dog and hamburger buns, and we went through all of the homemade ice cream. I have no idea how much money was made, but it was certainly an outstanding evening.

In addition, it was a gorgeous night. Oh my goodness, it was cool, and the band was really good. They played basically big band music which I am a big fan of. After it was over, Karen and I went on a carriage ride around the town. (Guess how much that cost? Only $5 apiece!) Last time we went on something like that it was about $15 each, so that was really nice. We got to meet Blaze and Bell (the horses) who were sisters. Before coming to live with the people who were giving the carriage rides, they worked on an Amish Farm, so my guess is that they really have a life of luxury now, spending their days frolicking in the meadow and then only having to work a few hours each week pulling people around the small towns and community events in Southern Indiana.

The rest of today I have to finish my sermon and finalize preparations for worship tomorrow. Wouldn’t you think that I would have this all done before Saturday? I guess procrastination is a hard habit to break, even though I don’t really feel like I have procrastinated at all this week. Too much to do and not enough hours to get it done:)

Blessings

No comments: