Thursday, July 16, 2009

Better Day Today...

Today has been a much better day. I hope that I never have to go through a day as difficult as yesterday was ever again, but reality says that there are more difficult days ahead, and maybe that is why God gives us these little creatures to love and care for so that we can truly grasp and understand the goodness of God’s creation and the idea of unconditional love.

On a brighter note, I stepped on the scale this morning and found that I have now lost 14lbs in the past about three weeks. I really haven’t been working on my diet, but I believe that the early morning trips to the YMCA are beginning to make a difference.

I mentioned that on the first day, I basically made it one lap in the pool and decided that I had gone about as far as I could go. This morning I went 7 laps and knew that I could go further but ran out of time. (I had also spent about 30 minutes on the treadmill) I have decided that tomorrow I am going to skip the bike and treadmill and go straight to the pool. I want to see how many laps I can go if all I do is concentrate on swimming laps. I believe that I read that 36 laps is a mile. That may be a bit ambitious, but I think I will shoot for 20 laps and see what happens.

Good thing that they have lifeguards on duty, I may need them:)

Blessings

3 comments:

judyschoon said...

Good for you. It is definately fun to see the inprovment that comes with keeping with something. The wateraerobics that I do does not seem to contribute to weight loss. We all agree on that but it makes the body soooo much more flexable. It has definately increased my ability to walk and move around. Glad you had a better day. Morning exercise is good for improving your mood, too. judy

Pastor Jim said...

I have to admit that when I wake up in the morning, my first reaction is to say that I would rather stay in bed. But, once I have finished exercising and leaving the Y, I always feel so glad I went.

judyschoon said...

Know the feeling :) :) :)