Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Am Very Blessed!

As I sit here in my new office surrounded by enormous stacks of boxes, I am reminded of how very blessed I am. These past few days have gone about as seamlessly as I could have possibly hoped for. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, everyone has been so kind to us, everything that I have put together has worked, and that is saying a lot when you are trying to get your stereo surround sound to work:)

I have had the opportunity to talk with several of my new parishioners who have stopped by to introduce themselves, some even bringing gifts of food and gift certificates with recommendations to local restaurants.

I have been surrounded by my family over the past couple of days, I know that I have overworked them, but I am so grateful for their hard work, love and support, and I am very thankful to each one of them:)

Tomorrow begins the work of sermon preparation (although I pretty much know what I am going to talk about Sunday) bulletins, and a host of a thousand unknown things that God has planned, or at the very least God will see me through.

These past few days have been challenging, we have moved from one house, been homeless for one night, moved into our new house and are now preparing to serve the community of Corydon. God has been very good to me and I am feeling very blessed right now (and maybe a little bit tired)

Blessings
PS: A special Thank-you to Ben for getting my computer up and going, although I think that he had ulterior motives, I think that he wanted to play a game or something:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim, this is great news! Glad you are getting settled in. Blessings to you begin your new ministry in Corydon.