Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You Are Never Going To Believe What I Did :(


Ohhhh Nooooo You are not going to believe this! I am so upset with myself right now! Do you know what grade I got in my Foucault class that I have been ranting about for the past 4 months?

Wait a minute, before I tell you my grade let me first share with you the comments that I received on my final paper and effort in class:

“Your paper is so very well conceived, and demonstrates a clear understanding not only of the kinds of questions that Foucault wanted people in contemporary societies to be asking about our "normal" social arrangements, but also of what kinds of things Foucault thought was at stake in insisting on asking these difficult and unpopular questions. Especially considering that this was your final semester of seminary and you have no doubt been struggling against "senioritis," you have done a really fine job all semester long.”

Ok, here is the bad news. I got an “A” for the course :(

Isn’t that awful? I am so angry with myself.

Now admittedly, you might be asking yourself, why would I possibly be angry and upset about an “A” But, if you remember our previous conversations, I took this class pass/fail because I was actually concerned that I might not even be able to pass and I didn't want this grade dragging down my grade point average. So now I realize that I have worked about 2 grade levels higher and harder than I needed to all semester long, and for a classic under-achiever/procrastinator like me, only now, in the end, when it is too late, I realize I could have gotten by doing so much less :)

Oh Ok, I guess I did learn a tremendous amount about philosophy and ethics, and yes I have grown to have a great deal of respect for Michel Foucault when four months ago I had never even heard of him before, and oh ok, I guess I do have to admit that despite my ranting and raving, I really did enjoyed the class, and yes, I guess that there could be something said for doing your best all the time and in all circumstances, and now that you mention it, I wouldn’t have wanted to give any less in that class than my best effort, and yes, I know, grades really don’t matter, and oh yeah, I do remember that in Chiropractic College I would have given anything for an A even if it didn’t count. Ok, Ok You made your point, I'll quit complaining!

But couldn’t she have just given me a “B” it would have saved me all of this anguish:)

Blessings to you and only 3 more days to graduation! Whoo hoooo

1 comment:

judyschoon said...

I bet if you asked, she might downgrade you...you think ?
Enjoy these last days. Not a lot of people have the courage to change life's directions and start over. But...our God is very persuasvie, isn't he? AND AWESOME IN HIS POWER :)