Friday, May 29, 2009

The House Didn't Fall On Me...

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. I didn’t think that it was possible to be busier than I was in Seminary. It certainly is a good thing that I am finished with school or I really would be in trouble. Throughout the past four years, I always thought that it felt like I was living two different lives, my life over at seminary and then my life at home serving my churches. But even with the completion of school, I can’t seem to get past that sensation.

In the past few days I have continued to lead a dual existence, I have been both busy working to prepare my churches here for my departure and also beginning to work with my new churches to prepare for my arrival. It seems that there are so many details to take care of, what color to paint my office, what movers to select, finding out what day we will be moving, and of course packing up all of this stuff.

Then again, we can’t forget that there is still the regular work of the church to do such as Wednesday night community dinner, sermons to prepare, bulletins to finish etc.

So, for the time being, I will continue to lead this dual existence, knowing that God is in this process, and even though I don’t know the outcome of the events that lie before me, I can rest assured in the knowledge that God is surely present here in Crothersville as well as already firmly in place in Corydon preparing for our ministry there.

Blessings

No comments: