Sunday, May 24, 2009

Waiting for Normal to Return...

I just have a few minutes this morning to hit the highlights of the past few days before heading off to church. On Friday, Karen, Ben, Crystal, Andrew and Mary headed off to that distant land of Ohio for one last time. We truly had a wonderful trip over, and once we got to the hotel we had an awesome time relaxing in the pool and hot tub prior to the Baccalaureate Service. Terri was able to join us a little bit latter, just in time for a late evening trip to White Castles.

The graduation on Saturday was a very memorable experience and then after lunch at Damon’s with the whole crew, which happens to also be the very first place that Karen and I ate on our first trip to Ohio all of those many years ago, we journeyed back home to Indiana.

Today will be a big day as well. After the worship services this morning, where we will finally get to make the big announcement about our future, which seems like it has been in limbo forever, we will then prepare for my graduation party this afternoon.

But then there won’t be any rest for the weary, because Monday, I have to go up somewhere in Northern Indiana for the 3 day Residence in Ministry retreat, (RIM) which I will be participating in over the next 3 years up until Ordination.

Well, I am just about out of time here this morning. I could have filled an entire post on any one of these topics, but for now I thought I would just bring you up to date. Next time I will fill you all in on the Big Announcement!

Blessings

1 comment:

judyschoon said...

Wishing you peace and joy...for you and your friends and members of your congregations that have prayed you through this venture. Enjoy your day and make many memories :)