Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Making a List!


If I wasn’t panicked before, I am beginning to get there very quickly. I have always been a big fan of making lists and checking everything off as I go. The problem that I am running into is that as I check something off my list, I add two more things to it.

I must admit that these questions for the Board of Ordained Ministry have proven to be more challenging and time consuming than I would have ever imagined. I suppose that unlike a typical paper for seminary that takes me about 1 ½ hours per page to write, these are taking much longer because this time it isn’t a matter of getting a grade and moving on, this time it is a matter of not moving on, if my answers aren’t satisfactory. Right now, I am just ready to be finished with them, maybe by this afternoon.

I am also concerned that I may forget to do something important before I leave for El Salvador. I just remembered to add, “Pay the Car Insurance” to my list, that would have been bad if I would have forgotten that one. Then it makes me wonder what other important things I haven’t thought about. Oh well, one thing is for certain, once the plane takes off from Houston and I make that last phone call home, there will be absolutely nothing that I can do about anything until I get back.

Of course, I would guess that those of you who are world travelers would look at my concerns, and laugh, but it has been a long time since I have traveled out of the country, and I’m not sure that you could consider going to Canada as leaving the country, although when Ben and I went fishing up there, he became quite proficient in speaking Canadian, by putting “eh?’ at the end of each sentence.

I suppose that I have now succeeded in putting off actually working on something important for about 15 minutes, so if I know what is good for me, I had better get to work. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Blessings

No comments: