Monday, December 29, 2008

Is it Time to Panic Yet?


Well, it’s just about time to turn my attention to El Salvador. I’m not quite ready to do that yet, but I am very nearly out of time. There sure is a long list of things to get done before I leave next Sunday. Actually, Ben is taking me over to Ohio Saturday, and then we leave the school around 3:30 AM on Sunday to catch our flight from the Columbus International Airport. The way I have it figured is, if what I need to get done isn’t finished by 11:00 PM Friday night, it won’t get done until I get back home on the 19th of January.

My son Ben pointed out that I will miss all three of the Colt’s (potential) Playoff games. I hadn’t really thought about that part of my sacrifice for higher education. Colts games are kind of big deal around our house, with the special pots of home made chili and fresh baked bread. Of course, the good thing is that if the Colts are still alive when I return, it means that they will be going to the Super Bowl, either way, I guess I will find out when I get back. I doubt that the NFL is very news worthy in Central America.

This week will be spent getting all of the work done that needs to be done before I can go, such as planning and preparing for 6 worship services that I won’t be able to enjoy. (3 at Cana and 3 at Crothersville) I also have the Board things to finish up, clean out the garage so that Karen can put the car away during the cold weeks of January, getting the items I need to take with me to El Salvador, and what ever else comes up this week that I can’t even imagine yet.

I guess that I have procrastinated long enough, it’s crunch time, so I better get going :)

Blessings

1 comment:

Ben said...

As long as you check your local listings the Colts game will be over at around midnight Saturday night :)