Friday, December 5, 2008

PLEASE, Christmas Don't Be Late!!!

I thought that I would share something a little more light hearted with you today. As you might have noticed from my earlier post, Mary, Andrew and I spent a great deal of our Thanksgiving Day watching and singing songs from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Well, this video is the way that I remember the fury little creatures. I believe that it aired back in 1961, and I still remember having the old 45 record which we played all year around. I am sure glad that Alvin got his Hula Hoop. (do you remember the shoop shoop Hula Hoop? Check out this Time Magazine article from 1967)

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,899852,00.html

But when I think of that song, I never wanted the Hula Hoop, I always wanted the plane that loops the loop, as a mater of fact I had a whole bunch of them through the years, and still do out in the garage, although I haven’t flown them for several years.

Enjoy this trip down memory lane and don’t forget to take time for yourself this Holiday season!

Blessings

No comments: