Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Extravaganza.... Cause You Had a GOOD Day!


I was just finishing the last paragraph of twenty pages of writing for my Homiletics class when the phone rang and it was Terri. She was wondering if I had been to my blog today, which unfortunately I had to say no (Believe it or not, I actually have to write things for class sometimes) She was concerned that I haven’t told everyone about the big Thanksgiving Extravaganza, which I had to agree was a point well taken. So, before I turn off the computer and let my fingers cool down from all of this typing, (I still have 12 more pages to get done before Wednesday morning) Let me share with you about Thanksgiving.

First of all, let me say that Terri and Josh really have a great house. (They just bought it a few months ago) I was wondering if they would be able to fit everyone in, but that wasn't an issue at all, and everyone had plenty of room, that is, except for Andrew, he was fascinated with the stairs and wanted desperately to see if he could climb them.

Actually, I’m not sure that Mimi, (Terri’s’ dog) would agree that there was a lot of room, she was relegated to solitary confinement in her box after a momentary altercation with Andrew. I’m not sure that she even got a trial. (Do you get the feeling that Andrew had a busy day?)

One great thing about the day was that I had the opportunity to catch up on a couple of good movies, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Christmas With the Krank’s, and Shrek 3, It must be nice to have HBO (Karen won’t let me have it) It never ceases to amaze me how well my Grandkids know the words to so many songs, I think that I heard “cause you had a bad day” at least one hundred times until we decided to sing “Had a Good Day”

Of course the food was excellent, we were a little concerned about one of the turkeys getting done, but that turned out to be worry over nothing, and everything turned out just about as perfect as it could possibly have been.

I did learn something that I didn’t know on Thanksgiving, and that is that Don Knotts first appeared with Andy Griffith in the movie “No Time For Sergeants” Josh’s Dad said that he was in the movie, but I couldn’t place him, so with a quick check of You Tube we were even able to view the scene that he was in. (You’ve gotta love You Tube)

We finally made it home after 10:30, which made for a long day for old people like Karen and I, But, I can say that we were really proud of Josh and Terri and their first Thanksgiving Extravaganza, I only hope that Mimi finally got out of solitary confinement.

Blessings

No comments: