Saturday, November 8, 2008

Don't forget the Terri...


Today is a special day around our house. Terri, our youngest, (excluding Odie) is turning 26 years old. I have to admit, that I am beginning to feel older all the time. Not only is Terri a quarter of a century old, but that means that next October I will turn a half century old. (I am not sure that looking at things that way is especially helpful.)

I still think of Terri when she was just a little thing, she may have been small, but she certainly didn’t hesitate to tell anyone who would listen exactly how things were, especially as she saw them. I think that everyone thought that she would have made an excellent lawyer, (she always loved to argue) except for she would never have tolerated the lawyer jokes.

Terri always had a way of wearing her mom and dad down. She would ask for something and we would say no. She would ask again and we would say no again, she continued to ask, day in and day out, week in and week out, month in and month out (usually it didn’t take that long) eventually wearing us down to the point that we would inevitably give in. It’s a good thing that Ben wasn’t that way or we might have gone broke.

Probably one of my favorite Terri stories happened when we were getting ready to leave the house one day and Terri was playing down in the basement. I closed the door, turned off the light and suddenly I heard this voice coming from the other side of the door saying, “Don’t forget the Terri.” Well, on this special day, all I can say is that Terri has always been unforgettable and one thing is for certain, she will never have to worry about being left behind.

Happy Birthday Terri!

Blessings

No comments: