Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'll Have to Blog About That...




I wanted to take a moment today to mark a milestone. There have now been over 1000 visits to my blog since I first started on August 12th. I have to admit that 1000 in less than three months is very humbling. I hope that those of you who read through this on a regular basis are finding something, at least from time to time, beneficial, inspirational, or at the very least humorous ( in some sick sort of way).

One interesting thing that I receive as a part of my blog, is a report on how people have been referred to, or found their way to my blog. I can’t believe how many people do a simple Google search for something and find their way to "Koinonia in Connexion" from all around the world. So far people searching for “Hymn of Promise” and “Sole Fide” (by faith alone) are two of the most popular. (apparantly a lot of people know what "Sole Fide" means) Another common way that people have found their way is by searching “Man with White Horse.” That is interesting because several of those visitors have come from Asia, so I am curious what they may be specifically looking for.

The most remarkable, however, has to be the searches relating to Barry Manilow. Oh my goodness, I can’t believe how many people have Google searched the words “I love Barry Manilow.” And “When October Goes,” and found their way to my blog. I’ll have to tell Karen that Barry must still be hot! LOL (Isn’t that a bit scary?)

So here is my list of the Top Ten Things I have learned about blogging since August.

10. Be careful what I write, people are reading and some are even paying attention. ( I know, I find it hard to believe as well)
9. When I write about theological issues, expect someone to disagree.
8. Be careful of using too many big words, or obscure references such as “Cecil B. DeMille"
7. Be sure to make a reference to Terri as often as possible.
6. People love dogs, so write about them often.
5. When writing, don’t whine so much!
4. When writing, don’t whine so much!
3. Be careful not to repeat myself.
2. Some people like my taste in music, but not everyone!
( I know, I don’t understand that one either)

And the number 1 thing that I have learned about blogging,

1. If I want a lot of people to read my blog, put Barry Manilow in the title!

Blessings

No comments: