Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blog Updates...


Today I thought I would do a few house keeping chores with my blog and bring you up to date on a few things that I have talked about or learned since I posted them.

First of all in my post "Star Wars" - an a capella tribute to John Williams,” I found out from Ben, that the young man in the video wasn’t actually singing, he was lip syncing. Say it isn’t so….. Yes, I know I was devastated too. In reality, it was a a song created by a group back in 2005, but this kid made it more famous in just a few short weeks than the original group did in 3 years.

Ben is a constant source of humor and information on things of contemporary culture. He was also the one who pointed out to me that where I suspected that the church signs in ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN..... Dont they? were photo shopped, Ben was the one who let me know that they weren’t photo shopped, there is actually a program that will create church signs for you to say anything that you want them to say.

Actually, we have had a problem at Cana Church with the kids taking the letters from our sign and doing the same thing in real life, much to the displeasure of the membership, but probably to the humor of those who drive by. I guess if you can’t cry about it, you might as well laugh.

Ben also pointed out to me that in regards to my last post about Paul Potts that, “Any person who can silence Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan at the same time should have won the competition immediately, No need for any more show, just give it to this guy.” Which is a very good point. I am not much of a fan of either one of them. But Amanda Holden, the woman between Simon and Piers? I am not sure who she is, I don’t know that I have even seen her before, but she puts Paula Abdul and especially Sharon Osbourne to shame. I vote to bring her to America!

One last observation, is that if you watch the video of the announcement of the winner of the British version, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwkVnyfdGYQ you will see that they also had a very young girl.


So, British version has an Opera singer who had no confidence and great talent and also a little girl who sang and stole the audience heart, and America had in the finals an opera singer with no confidence and a little girl who sang and stole the audience heart, both shows also had Piers Morgan, and both were produced by Simon Cowell, And the Opera Singer won both. Hmmmmm I’m beginning to smell a conspiracy :) They aren’t trying to manipulate our emotions are they???? Naaaaaaaaa

Blessings

No comments: