Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tring to Stay Warm in Ohio!




It is a good feeling to know that the difficult part of my school week is now over. My papers are turned in for this week and now, other than reading, I am prepared for my classes tomorrow. I will mention that I received the grade today for my mini sermons that I got hammered so hard over. The first was a B (that was the one nobody liked) and the second was an A-. I guess that isn’t too bad, but it does mean that I will have to work extra hard for my major sermon which I have to give next week.

It is certainly getting colder over here in Ohio. I have noticed over the years that there can be a significant difference between the temperatures here in Columbus OH and home. But that’s ok, I am ready. I have my winter coat with me so even if it snows, which it did flurry a bit this morning, I am going to be ready. The only thing that I didn’t bring on this trip is my winter hat. A couple of years ago, I splurged and got one of those fur lined hats. I think I have seen them referred to as Mad Bomber hats. When Terri’s husband Josh saw me in it, he said that he didn’t think that he could look at me without laughing. Well, most people don’t laugh, (at least not to my face) but I will say that I certainly get a lot of complements on it such as, “it sure looks warm”, or “I would like to have a hat like that.” Do you suppose that they are just humoring the old guy in the funny hat?

When you get to be my age, you stop worrying about, or caring , for that matter, what other people think. All I know is that when I am wearing that hat, my poor bald head and ears stay nice and toasty warm. And besides, I have always hoped that I could live long enough to embarrass my kids as much as they embarrassed me when they were little. Aren’t paybacks great?

Blessings

No comments: