Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Joys and Concerns

JOYS!
It is now one hour and thirty minutes from the start of my last class for the week and as of this moment, I am finally caught up. I just finished a three page paper on Liberation Theology, actually I was a bit of an over achiever on that one. The requirement was only one page, but since I read the book, I felt like I had more to say than just one page worth, and besides, this class is pass/ fail anyway, so I am not overly worried about being graded too harshly on writing more than the professor wants, and yes, I have been graded down for writing too much as well as not writing enough in the past three years, some professors you just can’t make happy.

Actually I had several very big assignments due this week. For Monday, I had a five page Homiletics paper due on The Holy Spirit and Preaching which was actually a good paper to write. I wrote mostly on my first experiences as I came to Crothersville and came face to face with the tragedy of Kati Coleman. Then for Tuesday, in addition to going to class, I had to prepare for a 20 minute presentation for today on the churches role in slavery in the years leading up to the Civil War, its title was "A House of Faith Divided". Then this morning I got up early to begin writing the 6 page paper on the book, As if the Heart Mattered, A Wesleyan Spirituality.

I must say that it feels good to have these things done, now all I need to do is go to class, and drive 4 hours home. I think I can handle that!

CONCERNS!
I have shared my Joys and my concern is for Billie Alexander’s family. Billie had a massive heart attack on Sunday afternoon and never regained consciousness in spite of the excellent work of the paramedics, doctors and nurses. The visitation is planned for Thursday between 4:00-8:00 pm and the funeral will be Friday morning at 10:00 at Voss Chapel in Seymour. This will be a difficult funeral for me. I just loved Billie, and Jordon and Bailey put a smile on my face every time I see them. I hope that you will join me in praying for this family, May our church family and extended family be for them the light of love and hope in this dark time.

Blessings

No comments: