Friday, October 31, 2008

Oh How I Hate To See October Go.....

We have finally come to the end of October, I have been waiting for almost a month to share this with you. I have always loved October. Maybe it’s because I was born in October, maybe it’s because I love October weather so much, it is traditionally the month with the least rainfall and most sunshine, according to what I have heard on The Weather Channel. Perhaps it is because of the warm sunny days and the frosty cool evenings, maybe it is because of the excitement of The World Series (not that the Cubs have ever been there) or High School football and homecoming. Maybe it is because of the harvest or the excitement of Octoberfest. It could even be the thrill of seeing the annual running of “It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.” I guess I don’t know for sure, but all I know for certain is that I really love October and am always sad to see it go.

Which brings me to the Barry Manilow Song “When October Goes.” If you are married to someone who loves Barry Manilow as much as Karen does, you have basically two choices, make peace with Barry, or spend a life of suffering. I chose to make peace with him a long time ago. The reality is that I have always enjoyed Barry’s music. Don’t tell Karen, but I really never minded going to his concerts all that much. But, out of all of his hit songs, there has been one rather obscure song that has always been my favorite and that is the song “When October Goes.” The interesting thing about this song is that Karen was watching an interview on television with Barry one day and he was asked, out of all of his songs, which one was his favorite and guess which one he picked? No, not “Mandy!” He picked “When October Goes.” So sit back and enjoy my favorite and Barry’s favorite Barry Manilow song and when he gets to the last verse, you will understand exactly how I am feeling today!

“I should be over it now I know, It doesn't matter much how old I grow, I hate to see October go.”

Blessings
I will tell you my favorite Barry Manilow concert story tomorrow and then after that I will tell you about my adventure at the psychologists office, oh my you will want to hear about that one!

No comments: