Monday, October 6, 2008

A Perfect Day


As I sit back this evening relaxing, I am reminded of the song from one of Terri’s favorite movies, “Legally Blond,” titled “A Perfect Day.” I spared you the music video although I looked it up on You Tube and I have to admit that I was tempted. Today has truly been a perfect day. Anytime that I can spend the day with Mary and Andrew is good, but when you combine that with the playground at McDonalds, and then Huber Farms, I am not sure that it could have gotten any better.

Huber Farms brings back many memories for me. I was first introduced to Huber farms by my brother Phil, and I remember taking my Mom down there as well as Karen’s mom and Dad. It is a place that simply represents and symbolizes family at it’s best.

Birthdays can sometimes be a little melancholy, especially when I reflect back on those who have gone before me and finished their race of life. It is a wonderful feeling to see Mary and Andrew and to know that they are enjoying the same things that I did, and to know that maybe someday they will take their kids and grandkids and tell them about how their grandma and grandpa took them to feed the animals and pick out the perfect pumpkin from the pumpkin patch
Blessings

No comments: