Sunday, October 19, 2008

Give Me Jesus...

I ran across this video the other day, which reminded me of one of the highlights of my life. When I was in High School, Moline Sr. High School in Moline Illinois, we had one of the finest High School Choirs in the country. In my Senior year we were even selected to travel to Kansas City to perform for the Music Educators National Convention, which was quite an honor.

We rehearsed and practiced for over a year to perform a thirty minute concert. Nerves were running very high and emotions were quite deep. This song, Give Me Jesus, was the last song on our program and the last song that we sang together before graduation. With the 80 voice choir all holding hands, it was one of the most difficult and beautiful moments that I have ever had in music and although I do have that moment recorded with audio only, there was no video made.

When I first saw this video of the Central Islip High School Concert Choir from New York, I was very much reminded of my experience and I thought I would share this beautiful song with you. I am not sure if we were better than they were or they are better than us, but the overall sound comes pretty close to me.

Blessings

No comments: