Sunday, October 5, 2008

Free at Last!


Wow, what a week this has been. I feel like a ten ton weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I already shared with you in earlier posts how difficult school has been this past week, and then after getting back home, I was kept pretty busy preparing for Billie’s funeral. Saturday, I wasn't able to post on my blog because I spent most of the day up in Indianapolis at the unification meeting between the North Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church and the South Indiana Conference. We are now officially the Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church. After arriving back home from the meeting, I went to a totally awesome hog roast. The best part is that I got to take a couple of pounds of that scrumptious meat home with me. Unfortunately, I still had our church's Charge Conference (annual business meetings) hanging over my head.

Now for those of you who are not United Methodists, and for some of you who are, Each year we Methodist pastors are required to fill out a couple of volumes of paper work as part of our connectional process which is part of what makes us "United," and when you have 2 churches as I do, that’s right, double the paper work. Unfortunately, paper work has never been my strong point, and even more unfortunately, one of my weak points is procrastination, so when you combine volumes of paper work with procrastination, you end up staying up most of the night before the paperwork is due, and that’s what I did last night.

The good news is that I just returned home from the Charge Conference and all of our work is done and has been turned in. In addition, I had the opportunity to see some of the folks from Trinity and First Church that I haven’t seen for awhile which is always very nice. I also had an opportunity to have a brief conversation with our District Superintendent (my immediate boss) who invited me to lunch, which is always pleasant, but also a bit stressful as well LOL.

Anyway, as of this moment, I am caught up. There isn't anything major hanging over my head, well at least that is due this week, I know I'm procrastinating again. In addition, tomorrow is my Birthday whooo hoooo, so my plan is to take Mary and Andrew down to Huber Farms to feed the ducks and the bunnies and llamas, and the horses and the deer, and go down the big slide and bounce on the giant inflatable bouncing thing and most important of all, take Mary and Andrew on the Hay Wagon out to the Pumpkin Patch and pick out the perfect pumpkins. I know, I know, you’re jealous aren’t you? :) Well, you are all invited to come along, but you had better dress warm because it can get pretty cold in the pumpkin patch this time of year!

Blessings

No comments: