Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Sunday Night!

It is now Sunday night, almost 10:00PM. I have finished the major presentation that I have to give tomorrow night in United Methodist Polity class, and now I just need to write the three page reflection paper based on the autobiography of Howard Thurman (a well known African American preacher who lived throughout most of the 1900’s) At least I have some idea of the direction that I intend to go with it which is always half the struggle for me.

This week I also have a meeting with my El Salvador class. Before Wednesday afternoon, I have a book on Latin American social struggles that I need to read. Right now I am thinking that I will get the chance to start it around 1:00 PM Wednesday afternoon. That gives me 4 hours before class, which should be just about right, it’s only 139 pages.

This week on Thursday, I get to (read have to) go up to Indianapolis and have a complete psychological evaluation done. Doesn’t that sound like fun? Actually, I had to go through one earlier in the ministerial process, and it really wasn’t all that bad, but I must say it is very extensive and painfully time consuming. I have to be there by 9:00AM and I don’t expect to leave up there until after 3:00 PM. I guess the good news, is that you can take heart and know that all Methodist ministers are sane. (Ok maybe I shouldn’t go there)

I can’t believe that October is almost over. The good thing is that I have a special post coming up with one of my all time favorite songs performed by one of Karen’s all time favorite performers. It will also give me a chance to tell one of my favorite concert stories. So much for previews of coming attractions, I think it’s time to go to bed. That paper can wait until later. See you all tomorrow!
Blessings

No comments: