Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes...

What a difference a week makes. I was thinking back to what I wrote last Saturday night and I can’t help but to remember the intense sense of fear and trepidation I was feeling. Of course, when my entire future was waiting to be decided by a group of people that I didn’t even know, I suppose that maybe I had at least a little reason for concern.

Now, fast forward one week, and tonight as I am getting prepared to turn my clocks ahead and get to bed early since we will lose an hours sleep tonight, it seems that my entire outlook on life has changed. I am feeling positive about my future for what feels like the first time in a very long time, and I can’t really even describe the sense of confidence that I suddenly seem to have.

I must admit that this feeling of confidence is the one that surprises me the most. Is it because some outside group has confirmed my call? If that is the case, it makes me question my own level of faith even to the point of being rather ashamed that I wasn’t more confident in what God could do in my life. Is it because I proved something to myself? That would bother me just as much because after all of the challenges and hardships of the last four years, if I haven’t proven to myself that I could do it by now, then perhaps I never will. (roughly paraphrased from one of my favorite movies “Rudy”)

Perhaps, my feeling of confidence comes from humbly watching as God has worked a miracle in my life, and now I am more ready than ever before to come down from the mountaintop experience and get out in the world and share what this great and awesome God has done for me. I think out of all the options I like this one best of all.

Well, it’s time to get to bed, I can’t wait for tomorrow to see what God is going to do next! And no matter what happens, I am going to need my rest:)

Blessings

No comments: