Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beware of the Ides of March...


For those of you who remember your Shakespeare, this was the warning given to Caesar by the soothsayer just before his unfortunate date with the Roman Senate. Unfortunately, for Caesar, he didn’t listen. The Ides of March would have been an excellent time for him to have gotten out of Rome and taken a Mediterranean Cruise, but instead I guess he figured that he should stay home and get some work done. (Big mistake)

As for me, I am following in Caesars footsteps and staying home trying to get some work done, although I am really thinking that a Mediterranean Cruise sounds like a lot more fun. I have to admit that I haven’t heard any specific warnings, but I still think that caution around this time of year might not be a bad idea, one can't be too prudent you know. I for one have no intention of walking into the Roman Senate anytime in the next couple of days, nor am I nearly as bold as Caesar to tempt fate by reminding the soothsayer that the Ides of March have come, to which the soothsayer replied, “Aye Caesar, but not gone.” (You think he would have taken the hint)

So, as I think about all the work that needs to be done over these next couple of days, I think that I will have to put some serious thought into the Mediterranean Cruise instead, and if not a cruise, then maybe a paddle in my kayak around Hardy Lake. Either way, the idea of work, just doesn’t sound like the way to go, it sure didn’t seem to work out for Caesar :)

Blessings

No comments: