Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is Here!


Spring is finally here, I have been anxiously waiting for this day since winter first reared its head back in December. Do you get the feeling that winter isn’t my favorite time of year? I mean, I absolutely love Fall, I very much enjoy Spring, Summer is really good, (it doesn’t rank quite so high because those hot days are hard on an old fat boy like me) But Winter has just never been my friend.

Maybe it’s because of that terrible winter back in 1979 or whatever the year of the great blizzard was, maybe it’s because of the time I nearly got my hands frostbitten sledding in the snow at the high school and wasn’t smart enough to come in when I got too cold, and maybe it was the winter where I flattened four tires on my dads van (not all at the same time) because I kept sliding into curbs (Dad made me purchase a new set of tires)

What ever the reason, from the first day of winter, I hold my breath, and pray for Spring, and as of 7:44 AM Friday, Spring is officially here and I can now breath a little more easily, well that is except for all of the pollen in the air and the allergies kicking in, I just can’t win can I :)

Blessings

No comments: