Thursday, March 26, 2009

Be True To Your School... What Am I Saying?

This morning I have decided that my blog entry is going to just be a mish-mash of the random thoughts which have been going through my brain. It could be that at this point my brain is overloaded to the point where it is incapable of stringing together a continuous thread of coherant thought, but then again, that really isn’t all that unusual for me:)

For some reason when I wake up on Thursday mornings, it always feels like a Monday. I am sure that it could have something to do with living in two worlds, spending half the week in Ohio and the other half at home in Indiana, or on the other hand, it could simply be dementia setting in from reading too much Michel Foucault.

Actually, I had a wonderful conversation with my Foucault professor yesterday, I shared with her my idea for a final project and got her approval, she is such a kind hearted person, and I think that she is an excellent example of the superior job that MTSO does in selecting the right people for our faculty. (And no, I can assure you that she doesn’t read my blog, so I am not just sucking up to the teacher) LOL

Another thing happened yesterday that opened my eyes to something that I have been thinking about. We had a visitor in our Evangelism class, a young woman from Indiana who is contemplating coming to MTSO in the fall. As I was talking to her, I found myself truly wanting her to come to MTSO and I found myself sharing with her all of the reasons that she would want to pick our school over the plethora of other choices that are out there.

The bottom line, as I left her, was that I am very much realizing how much I have really valued my time at MTSO. I have tremendous respect for the faculty, although I don’t personally agree with all of them and I believe that MTSO is the most beautiful campus of any in the United Methodist system, at least that I have seen. You might have noticed in my Blog yesterday that I mentioned going back on an annual basis to attend the Schooler Institute, which is an annual preaching symposium, this thought caused me to reflect back almost 30 years ago to when I graduated from Chiropractic College. After I left Marietta, GA, I had absolutely no thought of EVER going back to that school, I never wanted to darken those doors again, and I never have.

Do you suppose that my experience in Chiropractic college all those years ago was really that bad, or do you suppose that maybe I have just grown up a lot in the past 30 years? I think the jury may still be out on that one.

Blessings:)

No comments: