Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Feel Much Better...

I will start by saying that I feel much better today than I did yesterday. My sense of impending doom and fear has given way to a much greater degree of hope and faith that no matter what happens, God will see me though. I do have to say that I am very grateful for those who have taken time to lift me up and share words of hope and encouragement with me. I am very thankful for each of you who has let me know that I am not alone in this. I especially appreciate the advice to simply relax, read a good book, other than theology, and to take some time away and just not think about the upcoming interview over the next few weeks. That sounds like a wonderful idea, maybe not realistic, but wonderful.

Oh, and I might also mention that next Saturday morning, the 21st, I have an interview with the District Board of Ordained Ministry, which is an annual interview. No matter how much I would like to coast through these next 15 weeks, it just isn’t going to happen, so I guess I better quit trying to find ways to slide through and just get to work!

Actually, I am hoping that maybe the ice will be melted off of Lake Hardy by now and that Saturday might be a good time to take my kayak out for a couple of hours. Yes, I know that it’s Valentines Day, but I have already taken care of that very nicely, if I do say so myself, and besides, Karen has to work.

Whatever I decide to do, it won’t be for long, I have a lot of work to do for school this week, Oh, and Sunday morning is just around the corner, and since that is my only day of the week to work, and then for only a couple of hours, I suppose that I should get this sermon done. :)

Blessings

No comments: