Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 14



Saturday January 17, 2009

We were up and going fairly early this morning on our way to the ocean. As we traveled, I realized that it had been 37 years since I have seen the Pacific Ocean, so I am very much looking forward to it. Maybe even more importantly, I am looking forward to just simply relaxing and spending the day at the Beach without any meetings or agendas. In reality, however, I think that I would be just as happy if we were on our way to the airport. But, I will try to force myself to enjoy the beach :)

It took about an hour to get to the resort that we are staying at, and I must say that it is very beautiful. It is quite a stark contrast to the humble dwelling that we have just been staying in. After a quick walk through, I knew exactly what I wanted to do first. I got on my swim suit and headed to the beach. How warm and wonderful the water was, and how great it was to just sit down and let the wave’s crash into me. After a short break for lunch, it was back to the beach for round two and then to the pool to soak for an hour or so. I think that I have finally washed the imbedded dust of El Salvador off me and my body temperature has finally lowered back down to normal.

After dinner we all sat together and watched the Sun set over the ocean. How beautiful that was to see. Some of the group then went back to the beach and watched the big bonfire, but I must admit that I was just about El Salvadored out and I went back to my room, reorganized all of my things, packed my suitcase, got all of the souvenirs ready to travel and then relaxed in the big rocking chairs in the outdoor plaza of the resort. I am really ready to go home!

No comments: