Saturday, February 21, 2009

Come Saturday Morning...



I woke up this morning humming the song "Come Saturday Morning" which was a 1969 era song by the Sandpipers. I sure wish that my Saturday morning was going to be more like the words in the song. My morning has started off fairly early, not as early as some mornings here recently, but, early none-the-less. I am leaving in a little while to go to my District Board of Ministry Annual Interview. These in the past have been anywhere from extremely affirming and encouraging to difficult and intimidating. So, I have no idea what to really expect this morning, except that I plan to go and share as much as I can with the members of the board about what has been going on with my life and ministry since the last time that we met. I will be interested to see how much of our time together, if any, will be spent discussing my upcoming Interview with the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry on March 2nd.

This morning it is sleeting and freezing rain, so I will need to leave earlier than I had originally planned. I only have to go to North Vernon which is probably 30 minutes from here when the roads are good, but today I will probably leave an hour and a half early, just to make sure that I'm not late. Actually the cars in front of the house seem to be moving pretty well, of course as I say that, the ambulance just went by, so that is not necessarily a good sign.

Last night we had dinner with my Mentor Ron and his wife Nancy, and as usual Ron had a way of helping me to put things such as my upcoming interviews into perspective. I thought that it was rather funny how much alike Ron and I have always been. One personality flaw that we both have in common is procrastination. I’m not sure that he would call it procrastination, at least for him I think that he would say that he prioritizes his work to the point that he is always working on the most important thing that needs to be done next. I just admit that I procrastinate. Anyway, he and I both submitted our church year end reports yesterday, at almost the same exact time. Of course, yesterday was the last day to do it. I think I would call that procrastination, Wouldn’t you? Have a wonderful Saturday Morning!

Blessings!

No comments: