Thursday, February 19, 2009

Have Patients...




I always feel like I live in two worlds. Half of the week I spend in Ohio at seminary and then the second half of the week I spend at home and church. (Don’t tell the school, but I really prefer the second half of the week) Maybe it’s because graduation is getting closer all the time, maybe it’s because I am beginning to grow weary of the trips to Ohio and being away from home, but in some strange sort of way I am starting to look forward to the interviews with the Board of Ordained Ministry coming up on March 2nd. At least one way or the other, I will have some answers about my future, and I will at least have a little more of an idea of what the future will look like than I do now.

Oh, I know that it is possible that if I am denied or delayed that I will be in just about the same shape as I am in right now as far as not knowing what the future will hold, or perhaps even worse shape, but I am still holding on to the hope that I will be approved, and then even though I won’t know what the future holds for certain, at least I will know that I will be preaching somewhere. That could of course be right here, or it could be in the cold tundra of Northern Indiana along Lake Michigan, :( there is just no way to know at this point.

Regardless, I feel very confident that God didn’t bring me this far, though all of the challenges, all of the adversity and all of the trials to leave me adrift now. Perhaps one of the lessons that God is still trying to teach me is patients. I know I have never been very good at that, so I guess that I should just sit back, take a deep breath, and wait to see what God has planned for me.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:5)




Blessings:)




No comments: