Sunday, September 7, 2008

Go Colts!!!


Another Higdon family, fall tradition gets under way this evening. As often as possible during the Indianapolis Colts football season, Ben and his family come down to our house and we cheer on the Colts to victory. Actually I think that Ben lives for this time of year. I am afraid that he is just about as disappointed when the football season is over as I am when the NASCAR season is through.

Of course our tradition is more than getting together to watch the game, although that is an important part. I have been busy this afternoon putting together the finishing touches that should assure victory for the Colts over the Bears (sorry Bear fans, their fate is sealed) I have made a pot of my World Famous Chili and I have homemade bread baking in the Bread Machine. This should pretty much guarantee a Colts victory.

Now Terri and Josh come up for the games once in awhile, but Terri doesn’t really pay too much attention to football until the playoffs, and I think that Josh would rather do anything else other than watch football. Well, that isn’t entirely true, I think that the one thing that he likes less than football is NASCAR. But that’s ok, I am still working on him.

The only dilemma that I have today is that I really should be doing homework, but hopefully I will have some time tomorrow afternoon when I get to Ohio and if not then, I guess I will be up late Monday night, which isn’t good because by 10:00 PM I have usually gone about as far as I can go.

Anyway, I hope that your evening will be as good as the one that I have planned. The only thing that could go wrong now is if the Colts bus broke down on the way to the stadium, other than that, it’s in the bag!

Blessings

No comments: