Friday, August 7, 2009

Is This The End? Or Just the Begining?

Well, another week is beginning to wind down. (Or is it just beginning?) The bulletins are ready for Sunday, my sermon is about 80% ready, and about all that I really have left is to figure out what to do for a children’s message. It really is a little funny when I think about Sundays. Most of the time I think about, and refer to it as the beginning of the week, but in reality, at least for me, it is more like the end of the week. Sundays are normally the culmination of a week’s work of reading, preparation and writing. So, for someone who procrastinates like I do, it always feels extra good (if not completely weird) if things are pretty much ready on a Friday morning.

One reason for being so early in my preparations this week is that tomorrow is one of the biggest days of the year at Fountain Church. It is the Annual Fountain Celebration which is really a big deal. They have been busy cooking and preparing for weeks now. The main part of the celebration is a community dinner where over 300 people are expected to come and join in the fellowship. In addition to the fun and fellowship, the church expects to make well over $1000 in free will donations. (Not a bad days work) I found out that my job tomorrow is to eat and talk to people. Whoo hooo, I am very good at both of those jobs. These folks are good at not making things too difficult on me.

So, for a Friday morning, things are actually pretty calm around here. We will take Mary and Andrew back to their Mom and Dad here in a few minutes and then this evening, I think that a band concert on the square will just about complete a perfect week. (Or is that just the beginning of the next week? I never can keep that straight:)

Blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eating and talking to people? Isn't that what we pastors have been called to do??? And we take classes in seminary to learn how to perfect those skills, LOL! Glad things are going so well in your ministry there, Jim. Take care, my friend.