Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Does the AMA Consider Procrastination a Disease?

For those of us who seem to be plagued by this awful disease called procrastination, (I know, it is a self inflicted illness) tomorrow always looks like the perfect day to get things done. Unfortunately, there always seems to be another tomorrow followed by another one, followed by a… well you get the picture. I had such high hopes for my office. I was going to have all my books organized into topics and then alphabetized, everything that I use all the time was going to be right on my desk or at least within arms reach, I was going to have just a perfect, well kept workspace, you know, the kind that would inspire me to do and write brilliant things. (well as brilliant as I am capable of)

But, as you might have guessed, that hasn’t happened yet. As a matter of fact, after one whole month of being here, I still have a dozen boxes, or so, in my office that haven’t even been unpacked yet. The worst problem is that my desk seems to be accumulating mail and books. You would think that now that I have twice (probably three times) the office space that I could find a place to put everything. Well, I guess I have, unfortunately it seems to be right on my desk:(

So, tomorrow is the big day, I am going to get up early, go to the YMCA and then come home and work diligently on my office until it is the show place that I have been dreaming of…

But then again, maybe tomorrow would be a good day to take Mary and Andrew swimming down at the Frank O’Bannon State Forest... and I do have that sermon to get ready for Sunday... oh, and I need to make some changes in the bulletins... well, I also have that meeting with my District Superintendent in the morning... and we have the set up tomorrow afternoon for the Fountain Church Celebration... and I should also stop by and see….

Come to think of it, my office is looking just fine:)

Blessings

No comments: