Monday, August 24, 2009

Been a Long Day!

After a long day, it is nice to sit down at my computer, Odie sound asleep at me feet and all is well with the world. Today was a very challenging, rewarding, difficult, blessed day. I began the morning very early, heading up to Jacob’s Chapel UMC to meet with their pastor and then begin our trek northward to Indianapolis. Our first stop was the Cracker Barrel in Sellersburg where we met the 3rd member of our party and then immediately headed northward to the Cracker Barrel in Seymour to pick up the last of the Southern contingent of our Covenant Group. Along the way, we were yelled at by a State Cop and run off the road by a semi:) Our final destination was BD Mongolians in Indianapolis where we met with the Northern contingent of our Covenant Group.

The meal was excellent. I will have to take Karen there sometime. (Actually, there is one in Louisville) I am not sure if she will like it, but I loved it. After a couple of hours in meetings, we finished our work and headed back home, dropping everyone off at their appointed Cracker Barrel. As soon as we got back to Jacob’s Chapel, I went across the Bridge to Louisville to visit a parishioner who is in Intensive Care at Jewish Hospital (not at all my favorite hospital). This is where my day began to fall apart. First of all there was an accident on the bridge. It seemed to take forever getting across. Then I hit downtown Louisville right at about 4:00 PM. That was a big mistake. After my visit was over, I sat in the parking garage for about 45 minutes trying to get out. Not very good for a car that tends to overheat when it isn’t moving.

I finally fought my way through the traffic and arrived back in Corydon just in time to pick up poor Mimi’s ashes, make a stop at the nursing home and then finally back home to return a half dozen phone calls.

A couple more things to do here on the computer and I am going to relax with a piece of Karen’s B-Day cake and call it a night:)

(Tomorrow is Karen's Birthday:)

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim!
Hey, I know that Pastor at Jacob's Chapel!! Dirk is a great guy. Glad your covenant group went well. Sorry that the rest of it was hectic, though. Does it feel weird to not be starting classes at MTSO this week? I am excited to report that I have now officially started my LAST year of seminary. Woohoo! Hope you are well. Take care, my friend.

Pastor Jim said...

I know that you know him:) As a matter of fact we even talked about you yesterday:)

Does it feel weird not to be starting class? Yes it does, but I am working hard to get over that feeling LOL

May this last year be a true blessing for you, enjoy every minute that you can!
!