Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Was Born Under a Wandering Star...

I had the chance to watch "Paint Your Wagon" a couple of nights ago and for the life of me I can't get this song out of my head. "When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree, for I'll begin to roam and soon you know where I will be."

This movie came out in 1969 and all I can say is that they don't make movies like this one anymore. I am pretty sure that my kids would find it boring, but me, on the other hand, I could watch it a hundred times if for no other reason than to hear the awesome music. Songs like, "Paint Your Wagon," "Gold Fever," and "They Call The Wind Mariah" (Mariah Carey was actually named for that song)

I'm not sure about the moral or theological implications of "Paint Your Wagon," but ultimately the preacher wins:) At least that is one way of looking at it. Do yourself a favor and rent this one if you get a chance. (I can't believe that Clint Eastwood was ever that young:)

Blessings

No comments: