Sunday, April 5, 2009

Holy Week Is Upon Us...


Palm Sunday, one of my favorite Sunday’s of the year, is just about over, and I must admit that I am a little bit intimidated by the schedule that I am facing next week. The early part of the week isn’t too terribly bad. It will give me an opportunity to get caught up on some school work and also to make the necessary preparations for the remainder of Holy Week.

Wednesday evening we have our weekly community dinner which will be good, we are having one of my all time favorites, Beans and Cornbread. I can’t eat cornbread anymore without thinking of one of my favorite lines from the movie "Life" with Eddie Murphy: “I'm from New York City, … Nobody take no cornbread from me. That goes for anyone of you farmers who wanna start something. You mess around with me, there's gonna be consequences and repercussions.” (I cleaned it up a bit) But, I echo Eddie Murphy’s sentiment, nobody messes with my cornbread cause if they do, there’s gonna be consequences and repercussions :)

Thursday the real work of the week starts with our Maundy Thursday Service of Healing. I combined a healing service with a traditional Maundy Thursday Service last year and it seemed to work well, so I am planning to repeat something similar this year.

Good Friday will be our Community Good Friday Service, and I am thinking about going out on a limb and instead of doing a traditional sermon, I am going to do a dramatic presentation from the perspective of Peter, I will let you know if I end up going that direction. If I do, I will probably wear a costume, which is always a stretch for me, so as I said, we will see.

Saturday will be the final preparations for Easter Sunday as well as an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning. Then of course Sunday will be our three worship services, with the Sunrise service beginning at 6:45 AM with breakfast following Mmmmm :)

The week ahead will be a busy one, but it has been that way for many years now. I don’t really remember a time when I wasn’t actively involved in Cantatas, Living Crosses, dramatic presentations, multiple services on Easter Sunday and an overall hectic Holy Week . The week ahead will definitely be busy, but it is also one of my favorite weeks of the year.

Blessings

No comments: