Friday, January 2, 2009

Almost Ready to Go!

Well, today is the day. If I don’t get it done today, it isn’t going to happen until I return on the 19th. You may like to know that I did indeed finish all of my board questions, I finished all of my autobiographical information, I got my sermon put onto a DVD and reformatted my manuscript so that it appeared polished, which is what they asked for. Last night, I put the finishing touches on a lesson plan for a 5 week course for people interested in joining the Methodist Church and now today I need to proofread one more time and then submit electronically the things that go that way, and mail the work that has to be mailed. From there, it is out of my hands and into God’s, and of course the Board of Ordained Ministry.

Now, I can turn my attention 100% to getting ready to leave for El Salvador. I really have no idea what to expect, I am just going to try to go with an open mind and absolutely no agenda. I just want to get to know the people as well as to understand their circumstances. I want to learn how they live, what is important to them, and maybe more importantly, what it is that they would want me to know about them, their country and their culture.

Tomorrow morning, Ben and Crystal are driving me over to school. I am very much looking forward to showing them around the campus, so that they can see where I have been going every week for the past four years. Then Sunday morning at 3:15 AM, I will meet with the rest of the group in the parking lot behind the dorm and we will leave on our odyssey.

I am hoping to be able to post one more time to my blog on Saturday night from my dorm room, but after that, unless we get some unexpected computer access, my next post will come on Monday morning January19th when I return.

Today is one of those days with more work to get done than time to do it; I better get my list out and get started.

Blessings

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lots of prayers jim, it will be great.